Saturday, June 9, 2018

Summer Reading!


Summer is off to a wonderful start at my house and my family and I are staying busy with summer school, work, and visiting with friends.  Summer is also a great time to catch up on reading for fun so I wanted to share (and re-share) some resources that might help you find a favorite new book!  Even though you may not want to join a "reading challenge" I find that the booklists are a great way to discover a new author or title.  In my summer school class, we are creating a reading journal that students can use to organize book titles that they have read and their thoughts about the stories. 

I would also like to draw your attention to my Draggo page that contains lots of different links to websites on a variety of subjects.  I spent some time connecting to the links and found that using the Firefox or Safari browser worked best for me as several of the games require Adobe Flash to work.  There is also a section on my Draggo page that has links to Audiobooks.  These are great to use when reading more difficult material as you can follow along with the reader.

TN Electronic Library resources (ebooks, games, and activities)

Reading Rockets (tips for summer adventures)

Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge (contains booklists by age)

Booklists   (suggested titles to read)

No comments:

Post a Comment